Do you know someone in the community who is not a native English speaker? Would they like some help to learn how to talk with their child’s teacher, make an appointment with a doctor, identify some of the things in the grocery store, or gain language skills necessary to find and hold a job? Please welcome them to our community and help them to contact us and we will provide free English language classes. Students can enter the class at any time. Learners at all levels of English proficiency (Beginner through Advanced) are welcome. For more information, call 873-5754. No class Feb. 18-20, Mar. 11-24, Mar. 31-Apr. 2, and Apr. 21-23.
Tuesdays, 9:00-10:30 a.m., Jan. 21 - June 2 (18 sessions)
Wednesdays, 5:30-7:00 p.m., Jan. 22 - June 3 (18 sessions)
Thursdays, 9:00-10:30 a.m., Jan. 23 - June 4 (18 sessions)
Join Literacy Volunteers Waterville Area for an extremely rewarding experience! A free, interactive tutor training will certify you as a Literacy Tutor. A $20 material fee for textbook; Tutor, 8th ed., New Readers Press will be due to the instructors on the day of class. Literacy Volunteers Waterville provides free one-to-one tutoring services for area adults. Our tutors and students meet weekly to address a wide variety of literacy needs including English as a second language. We now offer a Family Literacy Program teaching adults to read with and to their children (birth-10). For more information contact Paula Collins, Literacy Volunteers Waterville Area, 105 Kennedy Memorial Dr., Waterville, ME 04901, 207-873-7786 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Limit 12 students.
Mid-Maine Regional Adult Community Education continues to collaborate with the Waterville Public Library Business, Career, & Creativity Center to offer an array of programs for area residents who need assistance with career and job searching, including the technology skills that are needed in today’s world.
• Job Search Lab The Job Search Lab is for job seekers of all backgrounds. You can get ideas to improve your job search, work on your resume/cover letter, and learn about education and training options available in our area. No appointment necessary just drop-in! Staffed by Mid-Maine Regional Adult Community Education, Augusta CareerCenter, and New Ventures Maine. Tuesdays, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
• Job Search Navigator Schedule an appointment to meet with Dana Hamilton, Employment/Resource Navigator with Kennebec Valley Community Action Program. Dana is available to help job seekers navigate job search tools and other resources in the Waterville region that can aid in your ability to get a job or improve your self-sufficiency. Call the Library at 207-680-2603 or stop by the Information Services Desk to schedule an appointment to meet with Dana on a Tuesday. Weekly. Appointment required.
The Waterville Public Library also hosts or supports:
• Computing Lab of 14 computers (available: Monday - Thursday, 10:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.; Friday, 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.; Saturday, 10:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.)
• Faxing, scanning, and printing services
• Job Fairs
• Employer Recruiting Events
• Computer Workshops
• Essentials of College Planning workshops
• Job Corps Information Appointments
• PechaKucha Night Waterville
Please visit the Waterville Public Library web site watervillelibrary.org or Facebook page facebook.com/wplbcc for updates.